Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24 Unworthy but Chosen

Isaiah 6:5 "Woe to my! I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

Isaiah knew who and what he was: a shepherd.. He was not puffed up nor thought himself in any way deserving of the honor of speaking in God's behalf. Similarly David was a shepherd; Paul was a persecutor of Christians and Matthew a tax collector, but God.

That's the point, but God. God is not in any way limited by the tools He has at His disposal. He does all the work necessary to outfit them for the works He has prepared for them. We don't need to worry about our inabilities or insufficiencies or in-any-things. It is God who does all things. And it is God who has been busy designing us for those works He has prepared for us.

I hear people saying virtuously, "I'm such a sinner. I have no special talents." And honestly, it frustrates me. It is like saying "God doesn't or cannot do good work." And that business about being or calling oneself "such a sinner," is so not biblical. You were a sinner; that much is true. But if you are in a relationship with Jesus Christ, you are no longer a sinner. Yes you sin. But your identity, who you are in not a sinner. You are now a child of the King, a child of God, a friend of God, a born-again one.

A sinner cannot help himself from sinning. It is who he is. But it better not be who you are. God made you knew, and He is all about enabling you to live a holy life. Will you ever sin again? Yes, but you don't have to. Not habitually. It is a strange thing for you to sin, to choose an unholy way to live.

So remember, God chose you. He made you for good works. And God doesn't make junk.

We are headed for vacation, and they tell me no internet service, so it may be a while before you hear from me again....but remember God and I love you.

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful post Mrs. King. Excellent reminder that we all have special gifts from God.

    ReplyDelete