Friday, June 3, 2011

June 3 Too Little Faith From the Faithful

II Chronicles 16:12 In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was afflicted with a disease in his feet. Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the LORD, but only from his physicians.

Wow, talk about being hit in the face. About a week ago I was diagnosed with a double ear infection, my third in a year, and the doctor wanted me to take a particularly potent antibiotic - with a possible side effect of tendonitis or ruptured tendon. Within a couple of days, my left knee (which has never troubled me) began to hurt. It felt like it was a big as a basket ball and the tendons and ligaments hurt like mad with ever bend of the knee. Tendonitis? Maybe. I took the medicine for a few more days before the pain made me think it was time to take a risk on the ear infection. So, I called the doc and they said stop the medicine, which I did.

My knee still HURTS. I fear the stairs, and after I have been sitting for a while, standing feels like a risky venture. And honestly, all I have been thinking about was talking to the doctors. So this is a timely entry. I cannot tell you how many other people I have prayed for in the last few days, but not for me...

It is not that I don't think God could heal. It is sad however that it is easier to pray for other's needs for healing and too easy to call the doctor first for my own. The idea of being fully devoted to God has been a constant on my mind lately; perhaps this is one more area that I need to give to Him fully first. Then after consulting Him, if I sense the doctor's office is what He would use in my care, then good. But that option cannot be first or the most trusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment