Sunday, November 15, 2009

from I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy t-shirt by Vince Antonucci

P. 34 
"So when we pray to God about our relationship with him, I imagine God saying, "Did you really just say that?  I mean, yes, I guess it is a relationship, but you did catch the part where I said I want us to live inside each other, right?  You want to call that a relationship?  You can call it what you want, but I'm inviting you into much mroe than a relationship.  I'm offering to be the womb you exist within, and theblood that flows though you veins.  I want to be the umbilical cord that brings you the fluids that sustain you, and I want to be those fluids that sustain you.  I want to be the breath that enters your lungs when you're born, and I want to be your lungs.  What I want is for you to get lost inside of me, and I want to be lost inside of you.  My desire is for us to be one."

my words:
Every time I read this I am rendered speechless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment