Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Long Time is Five Decades!! Just a thought!!


Forty-nine years, it just dawned on me that it is a month short of 49 years ago that Jim asked me to marry him, and 49 years ago this summer that we did get married.  Forty-nine years of God’s faithfulness; that is the next thing that came to mind when two such different people came together.
He likes liverwurst and puzzles and big hamburgers and Pepsi.  I like baby Brussels sprouts and word games and BLT’s and coke.  He likes barbeque and watching football and old westerns.  I like sea food and watching cooking shows and Law and Order. He likes his cake and cookies and brownies in a glass of milk or with applesauce on top; I like cake and cookies and brownies with a cup of coffee. He likes math and I like creative writing.
 
But we both like teaching and swimming and walking on the beach and being in the same room together and holding hands and riding into the mountains and going to our church. And we like eating dinner together, close enough that we can touch hands every now and then, and we like sharing a bag of popcorn in the movies, and we like eating new things. And we have loved the same God all these years, and I think that is what made the difference – why after being together for fifty years – to include the time before we got engaged, we are still having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment